I don’t have to be in to work until 3 tomorrow, I have cupboards full of delicious snacks, and the Internet. Because the world has bestowed upon me these perfect settings, I’m going to indulge in a god damn movie marathon. I’ll even have a little theme: heists. Well, that might get blurry. Crime/heists/thrillers. There, that broadens things. On the agenda are the following titles, none of which I have ever had the pleasure of viewing:
– Inside Man (because I love Denzel)
– The Italian Job (original, starring Michael fucking Caine)
– Ronin (I did not realize this movie stars de Niro, Stellan Skarsgard, and Jean Reno)
– Headhunters (I think this one might blur the lines. I’ve heard this shit is good, though)
– The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (original. If I like it, I might watch the new one. Purely for research. And by research, I mean Denzel.)
So there you have it and here it goes!
Inside Man was okay. I don’t know. I really like Clive Owen, Denzel gets me every time, and Christopher Plummer is in this, too. I just felt very “meh” about it.
I like that a lot of the characters were in the grey area. Everyone was doing some bad things for good reasons and some good things for bad reasons. I liked that I wasn’t sure who to root for throughout the whole thing.
So there’s a bank robbery but the goal, what the robbers really want to steal, is kind of a mystery. And in all honesty, the reveal was kind of lame. It wasn’t exactly predictable but it wasn’t particularly climactic.
There was one good surprise that I quite enjoyed and I won’t spoil for you. It did make me say “whaaaaat?” out loud so that was nice.
This isn’t very coherent. Sorry, I just wasn’t especially impressed. I wasn’t uninterested in the movie but after finishing it, it felt kind of forgettable.